Tuesday 24 May 2022

Clarice does Cragside House - part 1 (the start)

Cluck! Cluck! Good afternoon, folks!

I, Clarice Chocolate Noisette, have decided, to try my wing at writing! From now on (unless I get bored) I shall be a roving reporter...I hope to tour many different places, and critique them, via this blog!

So, here is my first post: On Saturday, my humans (Rosella & Brian) decided, it was high time, they visited Cragside House. It is situated in beautiful Nothumberland, amidst wild moorland, and rocky cliffs.

A picnic lunch was packed, waterproofs donned, cameras grabbed (as was I, rather unceremoniously, I might add...) and off we went. I decided, to sit on the dashboard, with a nice big window, from which I could survey the passing landscape.
Erm..I think I'm facing the wrong way...



The journey was not as long as I'd first thought. We passed through a lot of road-works, about which Brian was not very happy, (I saw some funny, large orange and white beak-shaped things, called traffic cones...you humans are really odd, apparently, some of you wear them as hats...I much prefer a bonnet!).
Those are odd beaks, must belong to odd giant birds...

We also went past somewhere called IKEA, which elicited an excited squeak, from Rosella! Apparently, she LOVES the place. I wonder if it sells mealworms???!
Whoa there!!! I don't think I like roundabouts!


Finally, after passing though a fair few villages, and far too many fields full of sheep, we took a left turn, and went along a rather upsy/downsy (are those even words???!) road. At the end of that, after passing a forest, we got a glimpse of Cragside house.
I refuse to look at another field full of sheep!!!

I wonder if there are any bugs in that thatch???!

After parking the car, and having a bite to eat, we headed off to explore.
Where to start?! Decisions! Decisions!

No comments:

Post a Comment